Recipe for 1 small "Pagnon Borain"
Preparing a real pagnon borain with simple ingredients that everyone has at home
Preparation: +/-15 minutes
Dough resting time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
• 150g flour
• 50 g butter
• 15g baker’s yeast (to be diluted with milk)
• 1 whole egg
• 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
• a small pinch of salt
• brown sugar (blond)
• black coffee
- Make a hole in the flour and pour in the egg, melted butter, baker’s yeast, salt in that order, and finish with the sugar.
- Mix with a fork, then by hand. Let the dough rise for two hours covered with a towel, in a place without drafts.
- Shape a ball and lay it out on a previously buttered plate.
- Cover with a cloth and leave to rise.
- Push your fingers in to make holes in the dough and pour in the brown sugar and a few drops of black coffee.
- Sprinkle the pagnon with brown sugar, then bake in a hot oven (200 / 220 °) for 15-20 minutes.
"For the service: serve a slice of pagnon borain with a good “jatte” * of coffee!
* = cup of coffee