Booking requests can be made from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm (except public holidays) and must be confirmed in writing (email or letter) 15 days before the chosen date. In this written notice, the date, the time and the language of the visit must be specified as well as the number of people and the group’s profile (children, adults, seniors, specific features, etc.). We draw your attention to the fact that delivery of the application form should not be equated with confirmation of your visit. Written confirmation will then be sent by the Tourist Office to the group leader. Any groups which don’t receive this document 10 days before their visit are requested to contact the bookings department on + 32/(0)220.127.116.11. The day of the visit, group heads should go to the place mentioned on the data sheet and should have this sheet with them. As part of the excursions (days with lunch), a deposit equal to 80% of the total amount is to be paid no later than 10 days before the visit (as advised in the official confirmation signed by the management). The name of the group and the date of the visit must appear in communications. The balance will be paid after the excursion by invoice. If the deposit is not paid, the booking will not be taken into account. In the event of cancellation (except in cases of force majeure) within 8 days from the date on which services are rendered, this deposit shall be retained by the Tourist Office (as a penalty). In the event where, on the day of the visit, the group is below the required minimum of 20 people, the Tourist Office shall bill the same amount as if 20 people actually
participated, on a lump-sum basis.
For guided tours, all documentation (services(s) of guide(s) and/or tickets) is to be paid in advance to the Tourist Office:
- By bank transfer to the account number, no laterthan 10 calendar days before the visit; likewise, the reference number, the name of the group and the date of the visit should
appear in communications.
- By credit card (Visa/Mastercard) no later than three working days before the visit by phone on + 32 (0)18.104.22.168 from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm.
- By billing for schools, administrations and businesses only after the Tourist Office’s approval. With the confirmation, you will receive a PRO FORMA invoice to be paid no later than 10 calendar days before the visit to avoid cancellation of the booking.
The number of registered participants will therefore be billed; the number cannot be changed. Groups wishing to receive a receipted invoice should mention this in their book
ing form and forward their contact information for the invoice to be sent (name and first name of the treasurer, phone number, e-mail address, postal address, VAT number (if necessary) and any notes the group wishes to be included).
A guide can take care of 1 to 20 people. Beyond 20 people, a second guide must be booked. All ticket purchases are final and non-refundable.
In case of a delay, please notify:
- from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5.30pm, the visitMons reception service on +32 (0)22.214.171.124.
- on Saturdays between 9.30am and 5.30pm, the visitMons reception on +32 (0)126.96.36.199.
- on Sundays and public holidays between 9.30am and 4.30pm (from November 1st to March 31) or between 9.30am and 5.30pm (from 1th of April to 31 October), the visitMons reception on +32 (0)188.8.131.52.
- during out of office hours, the guide (contact information listed on written confirmation of the visit).
In this case, the tour can be shortened or extended depending on the guide’s availability. After waiting 30 minutes without news from the group, the guide will no longer be available and the visit will be payable in full (except in cases of force majeure) .
Cancellations must be received at least eight working days before the date of the visit (except in cases of force majeure). They must be made exclusively in writing (email or letter), the date of the post or e-mail being proof. For any booking not cancelled on time and if the group does not show up on the day of the visit (except in cases of force majeure), the payment will not be refunded and the services of the guide(s) and meals (for excursions) will be charged to you. The payment shall be retained by the Tourist Office.
Prices The price of guided tours includes only the price for guides and eventually the entrance fees for museum(s) / exhibition(s). The price of the relaxation days are "all-inclusive": tours, guide(s), admission to different sites on the programme agreed with the Tourist Office.
Tours prices only include the services of guides and potentially entries to museum(s)/exhibition(s). Excursions prices are ‘all-inclusive’ excluding transport and drinks: visits, guide(s), admission fees to various programme sites agreed with the Tourist Office, lunch (except drinks) and documentation (except private purchases) are services included