- Revue de rue – Never before seen in Mons
- Saturday 3 December – departure from the Grand’Place at 4:30 pm
About fifteen artists transport visitors into the bustling atmosphere of cabarets from the 1920s to the present day. Dazzling feather-clad characters inspired by haute couture shows, dancers and acrobats – straight out of a musical Iron Lady! An unusual encounter filled with joy and beauty, longing and nostalgia, inspired by the distinctive world of elegant but timeless French cabarets.
Route: pedestrian, main street, rue des Juifs, rue de la Grande Triperie, rue de la Coupe.
Show running time: +/- 1.5 hours
- La Balade des Lumières (light procession)
- Friday 9 December - Departure from Place Louise (Capucins road link) at 6:00 pm
La Balade des Lumières (light procession) is back with a festive flavour including a light and musical show that takes the procession from Place Louise to the Belfry. Participants are invited to join the procession with a lighted element (no fire). A surprise is offered to the first 50 participants!
- Noël au Beffroi (Christmas in the Belfry)
- Friday 9 December - Belfry Gardens from 6:00 pm
Musical entertainment by the Moz Drums and a special Christmas bells concert featuring magical illuminations – all will combine to immerse you in the Christmas atmosphere! Exceptionally, the Belfry is accessible until 9:00 pm. At around 7:30 pm, Father Christmas will launch himself from the top of the Belfry like a stuntman and hand out sweets and treats once he has landed, to the delight of young and old alike! Festive mood and surprises are guaranteed.
Activities and access to parc du Belfry: free
Access to the Belfry: fee charged
- Christmas concerts by Harmonies Montoises
- Saturday 10 and 17 December at 5:00 pm in Eglise Sainte-Elisabeth
A series of Mons bands will perform exceptional Christmas concerts – free of charge.
- The Noël RTL parade
- Friday 16 December – departure from the bottom of rue de Nimy at 7:00 pm
The Bel RTL Christmas parade returns to the city of the Doudou. A procession of floats with sound, lights and dozens of extras will take RTL’s star presenters and journalists to meet the public.
Route: rue de Nimy, rue des Arbalestriers, rue d’Havré, rue du Hautbois, rue de Houdain, rue des Fripiers, Piétonnier, Grand’Place, rue de Nimy.
- RTL fairy balloon
- You can also see the RTL fairy balloon on the Grand’Place from 20 to 31 December, with goodies being handed out.
- The O.R.C.W. (Belgian chamber orchestra) puts Christmas markets to music
- Saturday 17 December at 4:30 pm – Salon des Concerts et Redoutes du Théâtre Royal de Mons
The Royal Chamber Orchestra of Wallonia joins Mons Coeur en Neige in offering a majestic concert of festive music, conducted by cellist J.F. Chamberlan.
Info and bookings
- La Marche aux Flambeaux (nocturnal procession)
Sunday 18 December – departure at 5:30 pm from the Rampe Sainte-Waudru
After a celebration in the Collégiale Sainte-Waudru (Saint Waltrude Collegiate Church), the participants start their procession to the traditional nativity at the foot of the Christmas tree in the Grand’Place, torches in hand. As every year, the Dean delivers his message of peace on the Kiosque Magique.
- New Year’s Eve soiree
- Saturday 31 December from 10:00 am – Grand’Place
A convivial, family-friendly atmosphere to celebrate the transition to 2023! Organised in the heart of the Christmas market, this dance party is hosted by local DJs and the traditional fireworks will be fired at the stroke of midnight making a dazzling display for all!