Wait a minute... what’s an auto rickshaw?
It’s a small three-wheeled vehicle, with a driver’s seat in the front and a bench in the back for up to three people. It is, so to speak, the big brother of the Vespa and the twin sibling of the Asian tuk-tuk. Like the gondolas in Venice, this machine will take you through the nooks and alleys of charming Mons so you can explore or get to know it, but also have a fun time in a highly original way.
An alluring range of rides
Although the TrioBalade is the first and only auto rickshaw for tourists in Wallonia, it’s very comfortable and can be adapted to meet all your needs! As proof, here are some ideas for sociable, fun rides, each one more amazing than the last! All that remains is for you to choose between cultural-discovery or pure-relaxation mode (but yes, from time to time it feels good to let go a little).
- The “essential” ride: you’ll be immersed in the heart of Mons and explore the main sites and monuments (Grand Place, Town Hall, Mayeur Gardens, Belfry, Saint Waltrude Collegiate Church, Art Library, etc.). You’re in store for a rewarding time!
- The “tourist” ride: THE tour of Doudou city’s unmissable sites. You’ll follow the footsteps of the Dragon by passing through the different sites of the Ducasse, not to mention the renovated neighbourhoods, fountains, small squares and anecdotes! A lively visit to say the least!
- The “cultural” ride: the one that showcases Mons, European Capital of Culture. Here, all cultures come together, bringing history, architecture, economics, innovations and more into their story. This session is diverse and instructive in equal measure!
- The “green getaway”. Also called the “bucolic getaway”, you’ll be transported to another setting, more personalised and further from the cityscape (Saint-Symphorien, Hyon, Havré, etc.). As you may have realised, a very different landscape awaits you!
- The “foodie” ride: going regional also means going local and if, like me, you like your food, this option has your name on it. Through the seasons, you’ll stop by to visit local food lovers, taking a moment to share different flavours. From sweet delicacies to salty dishes, choose from a selection of food pairs. A break with taste!
- The “Mons and Mômes” ride: on it, you’ll be stimulating not one but five of your senses. Get your children and / or grandchildren involved in a surprising ride. The programme includes: role-play observation based on characters and fantastic animals (sight), the traditional stroking ritual involving Mons’ little monkey and then onto the Ropieur fountain (touch), food stop with regional tastings (taste) before heading to Saint Waltrude Collegiate Church to the sounds of Mons (hearing), to be welcomed by clouds of incense (smell). A circuit that will put all your senses on alert!
- The “Mons by Night” ride: ready for a night out? This time, there’s no determined theme: it’s you who choose the type of ride. The goal is to travel the city of Mons between 8.00 pm and 10.00 pm, far from daily traffic and commotion. Enjoy the mysterious atmosphere of illuminations by night, exploring places from another perspective. A picturesque tour to say the least!
- The “vintage” ride: a short journey back in time, to the Dolce Vita years, with Look & Vintage boutiques, View Masters, Polaroid, etc. In short, a fun trip that offers you a few surprises!
- The “star” ride: take advantage of the original and exceptional setting of the TrioBalade to have your picture taken by Doudou Photo, a professional photographer. And in addition, those who wish can to go to the studio for a quick pose session. You’ll leave with lasting memories!