Mons Card Partner: Free access
The “marsh house,” a place in which Van Gogh lived from August 1879 to October 1880, almost fell into decay. It was saved from ruin by a group of volunteers between 1972 and 1975, when the Tourist Office took on the job. Following a recent restoration (2005 - 2007), visitors are welcomed in a new setting, including a reception centre and a scenic walking trail. Do not miss the reproductions of works and documents from the period, facsimiles of letters written by the artist, the multilingual audio-visual montage (F/NL/EN/D), the multilingual interactive terminals in eight languages, including Japanese, the salon furnished in period style, and above all the original work “The Diggers,” done in 1880 in Cuesmes.
Guided tours of the museum are available via visitMons. Information: email@example.com